Monday, November 4, 2013

Cantu Ch. 10

Economics was something that I never experienced in school. Whether this was college or high school, I never decided to take the class. I believe it is important to learn about our economy because of events that are happening now-a-days. Econ was always an elective in high school that I never decided to take.

In my classroom, I would like to involve economics by teaching about current events involving the economy as well as look at events that effected the economy in the past. You can relate this also to products that were important for trade throughout world and US history. You can link the economy to the slave trade as well as the creation of cash crops such as growing tobacco here in the US.

Question: Why is the economy not focused on more in secondary education?

Picture:

Weblink:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111494514

No comments:

Post a Comment