Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cantu- Ch 3

I think the section that helped me the most is the one which focuses on developing good lesson plans. I think it is important to be very well organized in the classroom and always plan out what you need to get done and what is gonna help you accomplish your goal. Organization has always been more of a struggle for me. I need to look at the way that I teach in Novice teaching and review, among other things, my organization. If it lacks, as I suspect it may, then I need to look into ways of becoming more organized. I think that will help me become a better teacher.

Also, something that I never have thought of much as a teacher is tutoring of students outside of class hours. I think it is important for a teacher to make themselves available during the day outside of class to help students who need it. This may be during a planning period, lunch, or before or after school. I think that I should try to accomplish this when I teach.

Question: If standards are only guides to help benefit educators, why do some teachers feel like they restrict their classrooms in negative ways?



weblink: http://www.celt.iastate.edu/teaching/RevisedBlooms1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment