Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dr. Cantu- Ch. 1

This chapter had several things that I believe will help me be a better teacher and be more affective in my classroom. The most influential one to me is, "Gardner's Multiple Intelligence" As a teacher, I must be aware of the different ways students learn in my classroom. Having all the students do one task to get an idea across will not be enough, in some cases. I must be able to make sure the idea is covered in several ways of learning.

I think a method I think is very good is the "Jurisprudential Inquiry." This seems like it is similar to a debate where students pick a side of an issue that they have feelings for and find facts to support their viewpoints. This teaches how to correctly cite and present sources as well as counter and intelligently argue with a peer. I think the evaluation portion of this is very good. It forces students to think of consequences that may happen if their viewpoint is acted upon. I think this is a good method to take into a classroom and I must make sure to use it as long as the topic I present is controversial and appropriate.

A big question that I think is unanswered is: When and how is it appropriate to use direct instruction in a classroom effectively?



Link: http://www.vark-learn.com/english/page.asp?p=questionnaire

No comments:

Post a Comment